by John Nolte
On this St. Paddy’s Day, a special message from noted Irishman Robert Francis O’Rourke. pic.twitter.com/JRjMEXhZRY
— GOP (@GOP) March 17, 2019
The usual-usual media stooges for the Democrat Party are crying “racism” over a hilarious St. Patrick’s Day tweet featuring Robert “The Spaz” O’Rourke and his mugshot.
O’Rourke, who calls himself “Beto” in an effort to pretend he’s Hispanic, was arrested for drunk driving in Texas 20 years ago. He was 26 years old at the time, speeding, hit another car, and tried to flee the scene.
After he agreed to some counseling, all the charges were dropped.
No big deal in the scheme of things, but in a political culture where the establishment media’s seething hatred for President Trump has normalized trolling, it only makes sense for the Republican Party to get in on the act, which is why the GOP’s St. Patrick’s Day tweet is so glorious:
In fact, let me count the ways in which this tweet is glorious…
- It reminds voters O’Rourke is Irish, not HISPANIC.
- It reminds voters that O’Rourke’s “Beto” nickname is an affectation so he can pretend to be Mexican.
- It uses O’Rourke’s mugshot, and a mugshot is never a good look for a presidential candidate.
- It reminds voters that O’Rourke, while speeding around drunk, caused an accident, jumped the median into oncoming traffic, tried to flee the scene, and then had the charges dropped — which is not how this works for most of us.
- Because insecure media simpletons are so easily baited with anything that allows them to signal their own precious virtue, the GOP knew their outrage would spread this tweet far and wide, which is exactly what has happened.
- Because it’s again in the news, O’Rourke again has to deal with it, which puts him on defense and knocks him off-message.
- This predictable (and hypocritical) outrage is yet another way for the GOP to show the American people just what a bunch of humorless, unattractive, crybaby, stick-up-the-ass prigs the media and Democrats have become, which leads me back to my overall point about the reaction…
Read the rest of this article HERE.