House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff’s (D-CA) “blockbuster” impeachment hearing, particularly the first hour, did not appear to live up to the hype.
Republican lawmakers wasted no time, taking advantage of their opportunities and questioning the chairman and the unprecedented power he has brandished throughout the impeachment inquiry thus far.
Here are nine of the GOP’s best moments. Note: Click HERE to see details of each.
1. Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX) questioned Schiff’s subtle plans to snuff out GOP voices, particularly during the first hour of the hearing.
2. House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes (D-CA) took a number of veiled shots at Schiff, describing the current impeachment inquiry as an “orchestrated media smear campaign” and specifically called him out for making up a conversation between Trump and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky during a committee hearing in September.
3. Nunes reminded the American people that Schiff’s staffers had contact with the so-called “whistleblower,” despite Schiff’s insistence that he does not know the individual’s identity.
4. Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) called out Schiff for dismissing the GOP’s requests for witnesses – witnesses that include Hunter Biden, Biden’s business partner Devon Archer, Ukrainian American consultant for the Democratic National Committee (DNC) Alexandra Chalupa, and Fusion GPS researcher Nellie Ohr.
5. Stefanik also brought Schiff’s behavior in the secret impeachment chamber depositions to the forefront, asking, “Mr. Chairman, will you be prohibiting witnesses from answering members’ questions as you have in the closed-door depositions?”
6. Rep. Mike Conaway (R-TX) forced Schiff to address the GOP’s desire to subpoena the “whistleblower” for “a closed-door, secret deposition,” adding that he would prefer that over Schiff making the decision alone.
7. Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) confronted Schiff on the so-called “whistleblower” and asked when they will have the opportunity to speak with the individual.
8. Nunes called Schiff out for interrupting during the GOP’s line of questioning.
9. Jordan ripped Schiff’s “star witness,” demonstrating the layers upon layers of hearsay that Ambassador Taylor is dependent on.
Note: Click HERE to read the complete article including video clips.